- Who We Are. Kiva Microfunds (together with its subsidiaries, collectively, “Kiva,” “we,” or “us”) provides various products to help expand financial access to underserved communities. We are a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with headquarters in San Francisco, California and Portland, Oregon.
- Personal Data We Collect (and How We Collect It)
Personally Identifying Information and Qualified Purchaser Status. If you contact Kiva through the Site (or by emailing us at email@example.com), we will collect all the information you provide (for example, full name, phone, email, company, title, partnership interest areas) in order to respond to you and reach out to you with opportunities to support Kiva’s work. We may ask you to provide information to enable us to verify your status as a qualified purchaser if you express interest in learning more about Kiva Capital funds.
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information. You have the right to access the specific personal data Kiva has on you, and to update such information. You also have the right to request that we provide some of your personal data to you (or to another third party), in a machine-readable format. To make such a request, or if you have additional questions about information Kiva has collected on you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your requests within 30 days.
- How Kiva Uses Your Personal Information. We will only collect and use your personal data (i) to carry out the terms of a contract we have entered into with you, (ii) where you have given consent, or (iii) where we have a legitimate interest in conducting our operations, such as:
- to respond to your comments or inquiries;
- to contact you (including via email) with information about our initiatives;
- to analyze and improve our services and communications;
- to improve security;
- to comply with applicable law or court orders and to exercise or defend our legal rights or the rights of others.
We do not use your personal data for making any automated decisions.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information. Kiva does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may disclose any of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In order to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to otherwise protect the rights, property, and safety of Kiva and others.
- With our affiliates and service providers, agents and representatives in connection with their provision of services to Kiva for business purposes (for example, facilitating Site functionality, processing transactions, distributing Kiva emails, and monitoring Site traffic and security). All such access shall be under appropriate confidentiality agreements and limited to use to provide services to Kiva to help us further our mission.
- Aggregated or pseudonymized data that does not directly identify you may be shared with third parties for educational, informational or promotional purposes in furtherance of Kiva’s mission.
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information. We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. Our standard retention periods are as follows:
- Personally identifying information and other information provided through our “contact us” form or via email: kept indefinitely, for as long as may be relevant to facilitate partnership opportunities
- Cookies and other Site browsing data (including IP addresses): deleted no later than two years from date of collection.
Kiva also reserves the right to retain indefinitely data that does not directly identify you, for example, aggregated or anonymized data.
- How to Limit Our Use of Your Personal Information. In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict Kiva’s use and storage of your personal information. For instance, you may ask us to erase your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. If our collection and use of certain personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent. In such case, we will no longer process your information unless there is another legal ground to do so. You may ask us to limit our use of your personal data or to erase your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Security of Your Personal Information. Kiva takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Children Under the Age of 13. The Site is intended to be used by adults. It is not intended for children, and Kiva does not want to collect any personal information about individuals under the age of 13. Kiva recommends that parents do not post, or permit others to post, any personally identifiable information with respect to children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have any information from a child under age 13, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
986 Mission St., 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
If you believe that any of your rights with respect to your personal data have been breached, you may also lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority or seek a remedy through the courts.